Sunday, May 3, 2009

What a Mess!




We had a very laid back weekend. On Saturday, we just played around the house. Michael's friend Jon came over with his little boy Aaron. Meredith enjoyed getting to play with a friend. You can definitely tell that Meredith is an only child and that Aaron is the youngest. Aaron was immediately fighting for every toy, and Meredith was just handing them over. Hopefully, she will keep that sharing spirit up when Madilyn arrives.
Today, Meredith was a Daddy's girl. They went shopping at Lowes. I think that they both enjoyed getting away without mommy. This afternoon, we just put up some decorations around the house. Meredith also gave me the scare of my life. Michael had to run to his parents to pick up Mere's new mattress. I was putting away some things in the utility room. I realized that Mere was no longer with me. I was calling for her and looking in her usual hiding places. I started to panic and was going out to the pool. I heard her little voice and when I opened the back door there she was. She smiled and waved hi. She had crawled out of Rocky's dog door. Needless to say, a fence will be put around the pool this week. Rocky is also sad. He is locked in until further notice.
Also, Meredith's big girl furniture came on Saturday. I will post pics when we get her room set up.
Finally, we let Meredith have french fries with her own pack of ketchup. Obviously, she loves it! (And don't worry Nana and Mimi, she did have some healthy food before the fries.)


1 comment:

  1. God bless you for allowing her to make such a mess of herself. No matter how hard I try it is impossible for me to let go of the control when it comes to them being messy while eating...poor Brienna she has so much to look forward to with her crazy mom!

    ReplyDelete