Thursday, May 28, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

I know that it has been a while since I posted. I will try to start getting back to nightly updates.
In my defense, we had a busy weekend and it has taken me this long to recover. It is hard to keep up with everything and Mere and have a big giant belly.
So, on Friday, my mom came to town. It was so much fun. The older I get, the more I truly enjoy spending time with her. I know that she enjoys getting to play with Meredith - and Meredith loves playing with someone who never ever ever tells her "NO." I cannot wait for when they live back in Texas. Hopefully, that will be soon.
On Saturday, I helped host a baby shower for Lauri. I think that it turned out so nice. I really hope that she enjoyed it. While I was very happy to have it at our house, it was a little more stressful than I thought. Of course, that could be because I had a little helper destroying what I cleaned. All in all, it was a great day.
On Sunday, we just spent time the morning with my mom. I took her to the airport at naptime, and when I got home, there had been no nap. If you know anything about Meredith, you know that the girl needs her sleep. It not only makes for a cranky afternoon, but a horrible night. We went to a friend's house for a little party. Mere held up pretty well, but she and I left early. I could see that our calm before the storm was about to pass, and we made it home just in time.
On Monday, all the friends from the day before came to our house. It was very casual. I didn't even cook, I just set out chips and the guys made hot dogs on the grill. We all just played in the pool and worked on our tans. Mere does not seem to enjoy the water, so I just fed her popsicles and ice cubes (her favorite) and she put her feet in the water. It was a really nice ending to a long weekend.
And now, what you are really here for, pictures....
Meredith, Me, Aunt Lola, and Mimi

All the hostesses and Aunt Lola

Mere, Mommy, and Nana

Nana and Mere



Mere doesn't really enjoy the pool, so she got to eat popsicles on the stairs. It was a holiday, so I let her have three. They mainly ended up on her or in the pool. She had fun, and that is all that mattered.


1 comment:

  1. The least you could have done for these pictures was wear a shirt that let me see that beautiful belly of yours! J/K thank you for sharing more lovely pictures of that adorable child of yours!

    ReplyDelete